Boudoir Beats' Song Categories Defined
One of the quickest ways to find the perfect song for your latest project is by using the Boudoir Beats' categories search. Currently, all of the songs in our growing catalog of music fall into one or more of the following categories: Ambient, Chill, Electro/Pop, Gritty, Instrumental, Long, Mid-Tempo, Playful, R&B, Rock, Short, Slow, Southern, and Vocals.
While some of these categories may seem relatively straight-forward, we do realize that the definitions of some these categories may be a little more on the subjective side. (For example, what we call "chill," another person may call "moody.") So, here is a brief run-down of how we define the above-mentioned categories to help you in your search for that perfect song:
- Ambient - Songs that fall into the Ambient category generally contain a lot of atmospheric sounds and textures.
- Chill - Songs that fall into the Chill category tend to have a very laid-back, easy-going type of vibe.
- Electro/Pop - This category refers to the genres of Electronic and Pop music. Songs found in the Electro/Pop category feature synthesizers, electronic beats, and other sounds that would qualify them as belonging to either genre.
- Gritty - Songs that fall into the Gritty category are songs that are a little darker, moodier, and have a bit more of an edge to them.
- Instrumental - Songs found in the Instrumental category do not contain any vocal sounds.
- Long - Songs found in the Long category are over 1:15 in length, making them suitable for photography slideshows, longer promo videos, full-length client videos, etc.
- Mid-Tempo - Songs found in the Mid-Tempo category have a tempo of around 120 BPM.
- Playful - Songs found in the Playful category have a fun, cheerful, and upbeat vibe.
- R&B - This category refers to the genre of R&B music. Songs found in the R&B category tend to feature heavier bass lines, rhythmic drum beats, and other sounds that would qualify them as belonging to the R&B genre.
- Rock - This category refers to the broad genre of Rock music. Songs found in the Rock category tend to feature guitar riffs, bass lines, and other sounds that would qualify them as belonging to any of the Rock sub-genres, such as classic rock, indie rock, alternative rock, industrial rock, soft rock, or grunge. (Please note, this excludes the sub-genre of southern rock, which has it's own category. See Southern, below.)
- Short - Songs found in the Short category are songs that are up to 1:10 in length, making them "Instagram-friendly" and suitable for shorter promo videos or podcasts.
- Slow - Songs found in the Slow category have tempos that are under 120 BPM.
- Southern - Songs found in the Southern category tend to feature sliding guitars and other sounds that would qualify them as belonging to the genres of Southern Rock, Blues, or Country.
- Vocals - Songs found in the Vocals category feature some form of vocal sounds, such as whispers, breaths, giggles, spoken phrases, and/or lyrics.
If you would like to see another category added to the list above, please feel free to contact us with your suggestions. Happy song hunting!